Hat Making Workshop (3rd Nov 2018)
Hat Making for Melbourne Cup !!
Make your own hat for Melbourne Cup Day ..
Morning Tea and Lunch provided..
Sewing Items and basic millinery items supplied .. additional cost for more expensive Millinery Supplies
- In this class you will learn the basic fabrics used for making spring and summer hats and fascinators.
- Identify if you want to make a hat, hatinator or fascinator and match that to your outfit – (please bring your outfit with you)
- Pre-blocked hats are available for purchase
- Sinamay fascinator bases are included – or those that have done some millinery, may like to block their own base.
- Learn about trims – Crinoline for a brim or a trim, sinamay for trims – spirals / twirls from a bias strip
- Feather flowers, trims and embellishments some are included others can be purchased
- Learn about attaching headbands or elastic and how you wish to wear your headpiece.
- Some hand sewing will be done – all sewing supplies will be available to use